Synchronizing SmarterMail Calendars, Contacts, Tasks and Notes with a
Applies to: SmarterMail 8.x (Enterprise only)
SmarterMail allows the use of the Funambol SyncML plugin for BlackBerry
devices to synchronize calendars, contacts, tasks, and notes with
SmarterMail. This article describes the process of downloading, installing,
and using the Funambol SyncML plugin for the BlackBerry.
1. Download the PIM Sync Client for your OS from Funambol's website at
2. Once installed, locate and start the Funambol Blackberry Plug-in on
3. You will see a "Welcome to Funambol Blackberry Plug-in" screen.
4. Press the Menu key and select Settings and configure them as
* Enter the server location in the format
* Enter the username in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
* Enter the password on the account.
* Select if you want to synchronize contacts, calendar appointments,
tasks, and/or notes.
* Select if you want to enable a scheduled synchronization.
* Select the sync direction (Two-Way, One Way: Client to Server, or
One Way: Server to Client).
* Select Menu and Save.
5. To manually synchronize data, select Menu and choose Synchronize.